Beside the seaside

*insert stereotypical line about going to the seaside, British weather, blah blah blah* What a way to start a blog post, if that hasn’t enticed you to read more i don’t know what will..

On Tuesday i hopped on a train, waved goodbye to the shard and ended up at the beach, otherwise known as what is becoming an annual summer trip to Brighton. (Although it was a little less “hop on train” and more “train was cancelled on the way out and 3 hours to get home” but that’s besides the point, i must’ve hopped at some point. Anyway without any further ramblings, here’s my day in pictures.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

Skirt/Top/Sunglasses/Backpack.

Like every time i take a day trip i had researched restaurants in advance, and had decided on The Breakfast Club; anywhere that serves breakfast food all day is my type of gaff so that was our first port of call. This place is a must visit if you’re in Brighton, and fond of both breakfast foods and cool interiors. The owner wanted to create a Miami vice kind of style and they definitely nailed it, that wood panelling made me feel like i was in 1984 and i didn’t hate it, quite the opposite actually, i love somewhere that has a clear image behind it. Also the food is pretty damn good too and the staff were lovely, which is probably the thing i should’ve started off with but you know interiors, instagram, all of that.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

After being filled to the brim with an all American breakfast we headed out into the lanes for a little walk around, this is my *second* favourite part of Brighton, and i’m 99% sure that’s down to the little flag bunting – i’m easily swayed. The lanes also have some really great shops, lots of little independent boutiques but also things like SpaceNK if you’re looking to splash some cash on a beauty purchase while by the sea.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

As it got to about midday it did really feel like we were walking around the actual fires of hell, so we decided to retreat to Brighton Pier and get a little bit more of a sea breeze. The Pier is my favourite spot in Brighton, you know the ice cream signs have been there years and everything is just classic British seaside. Although this hasn’t stopped me constantly wondering if i could fall into the sea at any given moment in time, every time i step foot onto the pier.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

My outfit:

My outfit pretty much sums up my UK summer wardrobe, anyone who can dress up in the heat i applaud you but it’s just not for me. If i had the choice my summer uniform would be my current outfit of pyjama shorts and a 3 year old harry potter T-shirt, but that isn’t quite “outside of the house appropriate” so i’ll stick to a top tucked into a skirt for now.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

Does anyone else get an uncomfortable feeling in their stomach when they see the weight of the rides and what they’re being supported by? No? Just me then..

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

Ah here i am, surrounded by so many attractions.. the pier, the pavilion, and i take a photo on a metal chair. #Goals.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

Ice cream was available there and you’ll be happy to know i made use of it, but i didn’t get a photo because it seemed to disappear quite quickly into my stomach. All of the photos in the line above are quite a random collection but they show everything i love about the pier, with the bright colours and the fonts.

brighton day out guide to brighton the breakfast club bloggers ootd

Finally we have the pavilion. It’s really weird in a nice way when you come across the pavilion, because you’re on a normal shopping street and all of a sudden theres this huge ex royal residence that looks like it’s come straight out of India. I’ve never been inside so i can’t say whether that’s a must do or not but i would say go and visit the grounds just for a look around, you can’t go to Brighton and miss it.

Have you ever been to Brighton? – Maria x

Follow me on TWITTER/INSTAGRAM/BLOGLOVIN.

Like my FACEBOOK PAGE.

Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.

Share:

28 Comments

• June 24, 2017 / 6:04 pm

Omg thank you! Definitely do, it's such a nice place to go! x

1. June 24, 2017 / 7:56 am

I love your photos. I've never been to Brighton but it's something that I hope to do very soon.
    Also your sunglasses are amazing. I 100% need these in my collection.

Rachel | http://www.Rachel-Emily.com

• June 24, 2017 / 6:06 pm

Thank you so much!! You need to visit, it's such a great place!! They're one of my favourite accessories for this time of year x

2. June 24, 2017 / 9:53 am

I feel like your photos have really captured the fun image of Brighton! I've only been once but had pretty much the same day plan as you, I loved it!! xo

• June 24, 2017 / 6:07 pm

aw that's so lovely thank you!! Yeah i feel like when you go for a day it's the best plan of action to have! x

3. June 24, 2017 / 10:16 am

Your photos are always so beautiful, Maria! I've only ever visited Brighton once, but now I'll be living in London I'll be absolutely making the most of it! I loved my visit there and the Pavilion was so beautiful. You're so right too, you literally just stumble across it in the middle of town haha! xx

Soph | http://www.sophierosie.com

• June 24, 2017 / 6:10 pm

aw thank you so so much! Yeah i love it because it's pretty convenient to get to when you're in London! Next time i definitely want to go into the pavilion x

4. June 24, 2017 / 3:53 pm

Beautiful photographs like always Maria! I've only been to Brighton a handful of times but I'm hoping to make another trip very soon, since every time I've gone I've somehow misses Churchill square, and half of the lanes.
    Alicia x
    Aesthetic Obsessed

• June 24, 2017 / 6:11 pm

Thank you so much!! Omg you have to fully explore it next time, it's such a lovely area x

5. June 24, 2017 / 10:14 pm

I love Brighton, it's one of my favourite places to visit every summer although I've not made it down this summer yet but hope too soon. Love the photos and your outfit 🙂

Sarah // Belle's Moments

• June 28, 2017 / 3:43 pm

Same, i always visit at least once a year! Thank you so much x

• June 28, 2017 / 3:44 pm

omg that's so kind thank you! I did, thank you so much x

• June 28, 2017 / 3:45 pm

It is such a wonderful place! Thank you!! Yeah the shoes are one of my favourite parts of the outfit, i wear them so often ahah! x

6. June 25, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Brighton looks so lovely and your pictures are amazing! It sounds like you had a great time and I really wanna see Brighton too! It's still on my to see list.
    Lea, xx

• June 28, 2017 / 3:45 pm

aw thank you so much lovely, definitely take a trip one day! x

• July 8, 2017 / 1:05 pm

Aw thank you! Omg definitely visit, it's somewhere everyone should go! x

7. July 4, 2017 / 7:06 am

I always seemed to pick the days that it would rain in Brighton, which really put me off going there (plus trains are a nightmare) but this makes me want to give it a second chance! That pavilion looks amazing!

Lizzie Bee // hello lizzie bee

• July 8, 2017 / 1:05 pm

aw it's such a shame when it rains! Luckily we went on one of the hottest days of the year but it was a little bit too hot, definitely try going in the summer months it's much better then! x

8. July 6, 2017 / 9:15 pm

Beautiful photos and I adore those sunglasses! I've never visited the English seaside but my colleague used to work in Brighton and always mentions how beautiful it is, these pics are making me a little jealous x

Rachel | kyvbey.blogspot.com

• July 8, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Thank you!! The British seaside is a funny place but it's somewhere everyone should visit at some point i think, Brighton is one of the best places to try first! x