I tried false lashes for the first time

Yes i know, i’m late to the party.. i mean what blogger hasn’t worn falsies at least once? Me, up until last week.

Trying false fake lashes for the first time kiss lash couture faux mink lashes

I feel like false lashes used to have a really bad rep; they were heavy, thick, “plasticy” and just didn’t look that great, i was put off to say the least. In recent years however, falsies have become the finishing point of almost every makeup tutorial and graced the eyes of many a blogger friend, so i decided to give them a go. I marched off to my local superdrug to pick up the infamous Ardell Demi Wispies.

I ended up picking up two paris of Ardell Lashes, the Demi wispies like i planned and also the Baby wispies – because i was pretty scared that the Demi wispies were going to be too much so i wanted a back up just in case.

I held my breath, waved each eyelash on the end of a tweezer and with the words of every youtuber i’ve ever come across going through my mind, i applied my first ever eyelash. To my surprise, i hadn’t stuck my eye together and i didn’t look like i had just sashayed away from RuPaul. I loved it, i knew from that moment i was a changed woman and you would never see me on an evening out without these bad boys ever again, even my mum looked at me and said she wanted to try them.

Trying false fake lashes for the first time ardell demi wispies review

Like i said earlier i picked up two sets of lashes, the Ardell Demi Wispies and the Ardell Baby wispies. Originally i thought the baby wispies would be the best for me, because i didn’t want to look too dramatic but i actually found them incredibly natural; the baby wispies were basically the same as my lashes with mascara on so i have to admit they didn’t make much of a difference to my eyes. I feel like these would be great for people with very short eyelashes, who still wanted a natural look without looking like they’re wearing lashes at all.

The Demi wispies are much more noticeable, they give a really fanned out effect and have that signature fluttery look. Although i really like these i feel like they are slightly too long for me, so i’m now searching for a happy medium between the two but i can really see why these are a cult favourite.

Shop the post:

I’m pleasantly surprised my first experience with fake eyelashes went pretty well, I’m a falsies convert, do you wear them? – Maria x

Follow me on TWITTER/INSTAGRAM/FACEBOOK PAGE.

Disclaimer: The picture at the top contains PR samples but the products i’ve written about were bought with my own money, i thought i better just put that in anyway because ya know.. also this contains affiliate links.

Share:

28 Comments

• May 30, 2017 / 1:24 pm

i'd definitely recommend trying them, they change your whole look!

1. May 26, 2017 / 5:22 pm

I've always been nervous to try them too! I'd love to see a photo of them on! Hopefully on your Instagram?

2. May 28, 2017 / 10:31 am

I think I need to be brave and try false eyelashes now, I've put it off for so long thinking they were difficult and wouldn't suit me but I need to bite the bullet haha!

• May 30, 2017 / 1:26 pm

noo definitely try them, you'll never know until you do! x

3. May 28, 2017 / 12:48 pm

They looks so cool!
    I'm just an eyelash junkie now even thought I just have now 2 pairs(one for occasions and one for everyday). I started wearing them in March and did it almost every day.

Now I wear them a little bit rarer, but I still love them. they look pretty natural and make my eyes pop πŸ™‚

Kate x

• May 30, 2017 / 1:27 pm

Yeah they really finish off a look, i feel like once you get into them you can't stop! x

4. May 28, 2017 / 3:40 pm

I only ever go for individual lashes if I do decide to be a bit more bold for a party or an occasion! I find that I have so much more control over the lashes when I use individuals, plus they are a lot easier to apply πŸ™‚

Fatima x http://www.fatimawrites.co.uk

• May 30, 2017 / 1:29 pm

i really want to try individuals now, i can imagine they're really easy to apply after doing the strips! x

5. May 28, 2017 / 3:45 pm

In my opinion, once you get used to wearing falsies, you'll never go back! I've been using falsies for almost 10 years now and whenever I take a selfie without falsies, it feels like something is missing. Thank god for snapchat filters tho! πŸ˜€

Lona | lonajasmiin.com

• May 30, 2017 / 1:30 pm

Yes! Once i put them on i was like i am never going to an important thing without these again! x

6. May 28, 2017 / 5:36 pm

Only recently have I got into wearing fake lashes, they used to scare me hahah – I keep meaning to try the ardell demi wispies!

Lucy | Forever September

• May 30, 2017 / 1:32 pm

I knew i wanted to try them everyone raves about the demi wispies and now that i've tried them i know why everyone loves them! x

• May 30, 2017 / 1:33 pm

Yeah i can really see why everyone wears the demi wispies they're the perfect combination between dramatic and just noticeable! x

7. May 30, 2017 / 7:38 am

I've tried false lashes a few times but just can't seem to apply them at all! As soon as one side sticks down, the other end pops up and then I repeat the whole thing over and over until I get frustrated, have a strop and give up! Were these easy to apply? I love how thin and flexible the band looks, maybe these are the answer to my ongoing lash woes!

• May 30, 2017 / 1:35 pm

Yeah these are the easiest to apply in my opinion but i know a lot of people use the individual lashes and say they're simpler than the strip lashes so maybe try them! x

• June 2, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Definitely, check these out i feel like they're such a cult product but they are amazing! x

8. June 2, 2017 / 9:10 pm

I've never worn false lashes (ever) and I've only (dramatic drum roll please) worn mascara once in my whole life. I have pretty think, long and curved lashes naturally that I really don't need it (at least I think so) and I look so weird with mascara on. However, I don't know how I would look with falsies, but for now I'm pretty good without them πŸ™‚
    I wish you posted a picture of you wearing them πŸ™‚

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• June 18, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Aw you're very lucky then, i'm sure you wouldn't need falsies at all! There are a few up on my instagram now xx

9. June 9, 2017 / 8:40 pm

I wore fake lashes for the first time a few days ago!! They were eyelure ones and I'm literally obsessed and want to wear them all the time now lol!xx
    Liv
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

• June 18, 2017 / 7:14 pm

Literally! I was convinced i would only wear them on evenings out but now i want to wear them everyday! hahah x

10. June 10, 2017 / 12:29 pm

Ive only worn fake lashes a few times and I was surprised at how easy they were to wear. I expected them to annoy me all day but I forgot about them after a while. I prefer the individual medium lashes by Ardell. They do take longer to apply but they do look more natural and feel more comfortable.

• June 18, 2017 / 7:15 pm

Oooo thanks for the tip, i'll check those out i was wondering about them but i think i'll give them a go! x