Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery concentrate review

I broke the skincare buying ban, but it was worth it..

This little blue bottle has been in the back of my mind for a long time now, especially since i purchased my first Kiehl’s product a few months ago and wanted to expand my Kiehl’s collection.

I’m pretty sure when people think of Kiehl’s they either think of the ultra facial range or this: the midnight recovery concentrate. Even the name gets me, it just sounds so powerful and wonderful and *spoiler alert* really thats exactly what it is.

With 99.8% naturally derived ingredients the midnight recovery concentrate is an all natural blend of oils that seriously packs a punch; you only need two to three drops of this to cover your whole face to instantly see and feel a difference. Although you see the full effect of this product after wearing it overnight i do definitely see a difference instantly which is something very unusual for a skincare product, its like you apply this and your skin is like thank you, just thanks

When i apply this i use the dropper sparingly to drop three drops into the palm of one hand and with opposite fingers i pick up some product and go about dotting it onto my face. Once the product has been dotted onto each cheek, forehead and chin i press it into my skin using patting motions; Its hard to even describe how it looks and feels, its like the best version of your skin that you could ever have. You could then leave it at that, but i like to finish with a small amount of my Kiehl’s ultra facial cream over the top.

A huge plus point for me is that this claims to work overnight, with most skincare products you usually have to use them for months before seeing a notable difference but after only one application of this i woke up with better skin. This is like an impatient persons dream. I really notice how much calmer my skin is after wearing this overnight, my redness is massively reduced and the overall look of my skin is just so much better – despite my marks and scars it actually looks like good skin.

At £38 for 30ml this is a pricey product but despite bring completely worth the money i imagine this bottle will last a really good amount of time. You only need two to three drops all over your face and because it has its own dropper you get a completely accurate amount of product; i’m so pleased about the dropper because i can imagine nightmare visions of having to pour out this product and wasting a huge amount.

If you haven’t already caught on i’m in love with this product, i actually get excited to apply this so much so i actually forgot to use toner last night because i was so desperate to put it on my face.

Have you ever tried this or any other Kiehl’s product? – Maria

1. February 15, 2017 / 5:56 pm

I've never heard of this brand before. I've been having a hard time with my skin recently. Really want to take more care of it. This product seems amazing. Definitely going to check it out! xo

Antonia || Sweet Passions

• February 17, 2017 / 7:09 pm

omg really? Its one of my favourite skincare brands, i'd definitely recommend the product! x

2. February 16, 2017 / 12:44 pm

Thanks for this post Maria! I've wanted to try this for ages and even though everyone seems to love it I just couldn't bring myself to buy it! Looks like I should give it a go x

Alina |

• February 17, 2017 / 7:11 pm

No problem, honestly its amazing, i've gone from having spotty skin to literally having one spot since using this literally ONE – Idk if its a combination of the microdermabrasion I'm doing and this but its 100% worth trying out, I'm so glad i bought it!

• February 17, 2017 / 7:12 pm

I'm so glad i gave into the temptation and bought this, if you're going to pick one kiehls product i'd start with this, its my favourite so far! x

• February 17, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Hi! I have oily skin and i absolutely love this, although this is an oil it will help balance things out and make your skin less oily in the long run! I think it'd be suitable for all skin types! x

3. February 19, 2017 / 10:32 am

Ahhh I've wanted to try this for ages and your review made me want to pick it up right now!! It sounds like an absolute dream 🙂

Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

• February 21, 2017 / 11:48 am

aw yayy! i'd really recommend it, it has worked wonders for my skin! x

4. February 28, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Ahh I've been tempted to buy this for a while but you've convinced me!

• March 2, 2017 / 6:05 pm

ahaha i'm a shopping enabler! Its so lovely, so so worth it! x

5. March 1, 2017 / 7:16 pm

Isn't this serum heaven?! I use my religiously and it just never fails me.

The Crown Wings

• March 2, 2017 / 6:05 pm

It seriously is! it makes me look forward to my night time skincare routine! x

6. March 5, 2017 / 1:29 pm

I've not tried this but since starting blogging it's been on my rader, just never actually bought it haha. But your review has swung it for me. Once i've finished up my current bits and pieces I am going to get this!
    Amy at Amy & More

• March 6, 2017 / 5:40 pm

Definitely try it out, i get what you mean since i started blogging i kept seeing it everywhere so i had to get it! x

7. March 12, 2017 / 7:30 pm

Heard so many things about this! I need to give it a go! xx

• March 13, 2017 / 4:44 pm

It's my favourite skincare product, i look forward to using it every night! x

8. March 13, 2017 / 9:40 am

Is this a super oily product? It looks great, and I would love to try it out, but I have really sensitive skin and it just worries me a little bit! I don't want to spend a lot of money if it might cause some trouble! x

• March 13, 2017 / 4:46 pm

Because its an oil, yes but i find it to be light weight and fast absorbing – but it could react differently with your skin. I'd recommend going into a kiehl's store, they're always giving out samples so you could try it that way! x