Is micellar water enough?

Although Micellar waters have been around for years its only in the last year or so did micellar water become a staple part of my skincare routine, but is a micellar cleanse enough when it comes to removing makeup and caring for you skin?

As Micellar waters have become more popular i can see them starting to get the reputation as a one step skincare routine or re-branded as ‘cleansing waters’. Every bottle of micellar water discusses the use of mi cells as magnets to draw out makeup and impurities and therefore i can see why so many people are tricked into thinking cleansing with micellar water is enough.

Don’t get me wrong i love a micellar water, i use the Garnier micellar water on cotton pads everyday to remove the makeup remover from my face and it results in a completely makeup free face, prepared for my second cleanse. Thats exactly what a micellar water is for, removing makeup. Even with the talk of little magnets working magic a micellar water is not a deep cleanse, its enough to remove light product from the surface but will not clean your skin and if i’m honest won’t fully remove makeup – hence why i use a makeup removing cleanser beforehand.

Now there is a time when a micellar water might just do enough and thats if you’ve been on a night out and its micellar cleanse or nothing or if you’re staying at someone’s house and can’t bare the thought of doing your whole skincare routine.

A proper skincare and cleansing routine is so important especially if you’re someone who regularly wears makeup, i know its tempting to use a micellar water and go to bed but you’ll thank yourself in the morning if you do it properly!

Do you think a micellar water is enough?

Follow me on BLOGLOVIN/TWITTER/INSTAGRAM.

Share:

12 Comments

1. July 2, 2016 / 5:05 am

I've wondered about micellar water for awhile, thanks for the info!
    xo

• July 2, 2016 / 7:26 am

It's a good quick fix or as part of a full routine but definitely not enough by itself! – Maria x

2. July 3, 2016 / 2:53 am

The first time I saw this, I almost knew it wasn't going to be enough to start with. It's like an in-between cleanser and makeup remover, and to me, I think it's a good substitute for a remover, not a cleanser. Loved the post Maria! x

• July 3, 2016 / 8:12 am

Exactly!! The reason I wrote this is because I heard a consultant telling a girl she could double cleanse with Micellar water! I nearly died! Thank you! – Maria x

3. July 3, 2016 / 12:45 pm

I agreed, if I haven't worn makeup in the day then I think it's enough, but with makeup I tend to cream cleanse and then use micellar to finish it off.

• July 4, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Yeah I agree, but I always double cleanse when wearing makeup! – Maria x

4. July 3, 2016 / 12:48 pm

It is good for removing make but definitely not enough I think. You obviously still have to do other steps after using this.
    Wherethebeautybegins.blogspot.ie

• July 4, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Exactly! It's only part of my routine! – Maria x

• July 4, 2016 / 8:29 pm

I definitely think it's a good option when you're desperate or being incredibly lazy! But as you say double cleansing is always the best option! – Maria x

5. July 13, 2016 / 7:46 pm

Agree completely. I find they are much better than wipes, especially with mascara and a great step before I second cleanse! I love the simple micella cleansing water. Great post 🙂 x

• July 13, 2016 / 7:55 pm

Thank you! I do definitely think Micellar water is much better than wipes at taking off makeup especially eye makeup! – Maria xx