Budget Beauty : Amazon brushes

At the beginning of last month i did a post on Ebay copies of branded makeup brushes like Mac and Real Techniques, if you read that post you’ll know i was left a little disappointed. My first ever makeup brushes were from Amazon and were great for the price, i knew it was possible to find good brushes for cheap so thats what i set out to do.

I wanted to find eye makeup brushes this time which weren’t attempting to copy another brand, i ended up ordering a set of 4 eye makeup brushes for £2.59 with free delivery from Amazon. I have to admit when they arrived i was slightly disappointed, now when i look back at the photo they are exactly as pictured.

I used them the next morning and was pleasantly surprised, they we’re really soft, made application and blending really easy and picked up the product properly. My favourite brush is now the one i thought i would like the least:  the slightly angled fluffy brush. I find the way it is angled makes it perfect for applying transition shades to the lid and through the crease, obviously its not small enough for precise crease application but thats why i like to use this with lighter shades to start transitioning.

My second favourite has to be the more traditional shaped blending brush (first brush below), i usually use this clean to blend out any product to stop any harsh lines as it is a little bit bigger than normal blending brushes.

You can use the thinner more dense brush (last brush below) for application close to the lower/upper lash line and the long fluffy brush (second brush below) is good for blending but i am more impressed with the first two brushes mentioned. I’m not too worried that the second two brushes aren’t as good as the first because the angled blending brush alone is still good for £2.59.

I already own a set of eye makeup brushes from Amazon which were £5.69 for 7 brushes, currently i’m using two of the brushes: the small fluffy blending brush which is amazing for crease application and the more flat shader brush for application directly onto the lid.

Both of these sets are amazing for the price, for beginners or just for someone looking for a bargain. Like i said i don’t regularly use every single brush but I’d still pay the price for the ones i do use because they are just so cheap. £2.59 is more than a sandwich but you can get 4 makeup brushes for the same price, i love Amazon.

If you are looking to pay a tiny bit more to get a complete set, the jessup brushes from Ebay/Amazon are a really good option. A full set will cost between £4-£15 so they’re still really affordable.

Do you have any cheap brushes you swear by? – Maria x

Read my last post HERE. Follow me on BLOGLOVIN/TWITTER/INSTAGRAM.

Share:

11 Comments

1. June 10, 2016 / 12:32 am

These brushes sound great! I'm glad you found some you really enjoy for a good price.

ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

• June 10, 2016 / 7:07 am

They're really good for such a cheap price, I've used them everyday since buying them! -Maria x

2. June 12, 2016 / 9:17 am

I've been wondering whether the ebay/amazon brushes are any good – apparently they are! I got a relatively inexpensive eyeshadow brush set (5 brushes) from Coastal Scents at the beginning of the year and I've really been loving them. The set was around £12 so not bad at all.

http://www.saarasofia.com | Bloglovin’

• June 12, 2016 / 9:41 am

Yess they can be very hit and miss but these are amazing for the price, I just did my makeup and my eyeshadow looks great today just using these ahaha! Yeah you definitely don't have to pay a huge price in some cases – Maria x

3. June 15, 2016 / 12:45 pm

I have got some great make up brushes from amazon over the years and my recent cheap purchase were from TK Maxx! You don't have to spend a lot to get good quality and you have shown this! Great find 🙂

Shannon | http://www.shannonkims.com

• June 15, 2016 / 12:46 pm

Omg tk maxx is amazing for bargains! I completely agree you don't have to spend a load to find good quality things! – Maria x

4. June 15, 2016 / 3:07 pm

The bristles look harsh 🙁 But I assume it is worth the price, yes? ^^

• June 15, 2016 / 3:22 pm

No they're so soft! And great for the price! – Maria x

5. June 19, 2016 / 8:09 am

I have similar brushes from Amazon and I use them every single day! I love them they are so cheap but work so well! 😊❤️

Megan xx | itsmeganrose.blogspot.co.uk

• June 19, 2016 / 8:18 am

They're perfect! It shows you can find really great bargains if you look hard enough – Maria x

6. June 20, 2016 / 12:30 pm

I'm always on the look out for new makeup brushes to make an appearance in my makeup brush jungle, and these sounds fab.

Jess